We all have the best of intentions when it comes to morning workouts. The alarm is set, and you go to bed with visions of getting it all out of the way before the sun comes up. Then… it happens. You hit snooze, and you hit snooze again. You figure out what time you have to be at work, subtract how long it takes to drive there, and figure out exactly how late you can sleep. Then exactly how late you can sleep if you don’t wash your hair. Then exactly how late you can sleep if you don’t put much makeup on. Tell me I’m not alone!
Over the past few months, I’ve become a regular morning exerciser, and it’s been so nice to come home after work and know that I my workout is done and all I need to do is… everything else that I need to do, ha!
Here’s what works for me. The more I have done the night before, the less overwhelmed I feel when I wake up, and the more likely I am to get moving. As with so many things in life, the key is in the preparation!
The Night Before:
- Load and run the dishwasher (for some reason my life feels so much more organized when the sink is empty- I don’t know why, but knowing that the sink is empty makes me more likely to get up)
- Lay out both workout clothes AND work clothes in the closet
- Plug in computer and have it set up in front of the TV (since I stream Beachbody On Demand for my workouts)
- Put Energize on the counter, put cup on the counter, make sure Brita is full in the fridge
- Pack lunch for next day, put full lunchbox in the fridge
The Morning Of:
- Text my accountability parter at the agreed upon time to make sure we’re both getting our workout in (I can’t say enough how valuable this is)
- Get dressed, get out of the bedroom, turn some lights on
- Drink Energize and KEEP MOVING (laundry, put dishes away, let the dog out, whatever- just dont lie down)
- After 10 minutes, whether I feel like it or not, the workout HAS to begin.
What works for you? How do you get moving for those super early workout sessions? I’d love to hear your tips!
Ready to start your own program? I’d love to talk over some options with you! Click here to message me so we can get you started!